Sunday, July 26, 2009

City Hug?

I was walking to my friend's house today and looked out at my surroundings and thought about how I was leaving in just one month to travel across the globe and won't be back until April. I took in the houses, the lawns, the clear blue sky, the perfect weather, the palm trees, and slowly spread my arms as wide as a could. Then I slowly brought my arms back in toward my body and just squeezed them tight.
In other words, I gave Los Angeles a figurative hug.
I love it here and I'm going to frakking miss it.
I really wish I could just envelope the entire 4,000+ square miles of it with a hug. Being born and raised in such a city is a blessing, and no matter how many weirdos and psychopaths and corrupt freaks do in fact live here, my life and little universe here included so many more wonderful people and places and things that I just don't want to leave it behind. I want to either bring some good schooling systems here or take L.A. with me.
But I have to move on.
I'm going to miss all my friends who are staying here while the education crumbles.
I'm going to miss my family being there for me all the time, even when I totally can't stand them.
I'm going to miss my favorite places.
I'm going to miss good coffee at Coffee Bean.
I'm going to miss the perfect weather and palm trees.
I'm going to miss the English language.
I'm going to miss walking around Beverly Hills.
I'm going to miss going to television tapings and movie premieres.
I'm going to miss randomly seeing celebrities.
I'm going to miss all the nice people at Bath & Body Works.
I'm going to miss the fact that it takes two hours just to drive outside of the county.
I'm going to miss all the happy people here.
I'm going to miss theme parks and rollercoasters.
I'm going to miss all the people who thought they were getting a land of phoniness and false hope and instead got wonderful friends and dreams come true.
Los Angeles, consider yourself hugged. Because I'm going to miss this overhated wonderful heap of a city. Even if I'll be back in under a year.
I love it too much.

3 comments:

  1. I want to move to Israel eventually. I just want to make money in America first, and I don't want to go to the army. But I'm definitely jealous. Te'asi kef chaim! (Have an amazing time!)

    ReplyDelete

Be wise.